Carers Week 7th to 13th June 2021
Did you know it’s Carer’s Week?
Kingsway Care is excited to see all the discounted activities available for unpaid carers in Brighton and Hove, this week and beyond. To get involved, please visit https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/news/2021/get-involved-carers-week
Or read on to discover the discounts available for card holders and how to apply for the card from Brighton & Hove City Council.
To help recognise and celebrate the vital contributions unpaid carers make there are opportunities available in Brighton & Hove throughout the week (and the year).
- Take advantage of great discounts with your carers card
- Share something special in the online gallery
- Join other carers at free information sessions, activities, or workshops
Special offers for Carers Card holders
The Carers Card for Brighton & Hove offers savings and discounts from local businesses throughout the year. It’s free to people that care for children, young people and adults in the Brighton & Hove area.
Carers Card holders can get:
- café, restaurant and shop discounts
- gym, fitness and wellbeing classes or membership offers
- music, entertainment or cinema tickets at a reduced rate,
- taxi, bus and car hire discounts, as well as parking permits
Have a look at all the offers available to the Carers Card holders.
There’s also extra special offers in place during Carers week including:
- Cafe Domenica is offering one free hot drink in their Preston Road Cafe on Monday 7 June when you show your Carers Card.
- Brighton Natural Health Centre have a 50% discount for online and in-studio classes between Monday 7 and Sunday 13 June. Use the promo code ‘CARERS50’.
- Anahata Health Clinic is offering any session for £30 for Carers’ Card holders.
- Alexander Technique Online is offering a limited amount of discounted 121 online sessions for just £20 each.
If you don’t have a Carers Card, you’ll need to book in a free assessment to get one. Find out more and apply for a card.
Share you experience of life as a carer
To celebrate some of the fantastic contributions made by our local unpaid carers, the Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove is hosting an online gallery – My Life as a Carer.
Send in your stories, photographs, pictures, poems, tips, tricks, and tales by Friday 18 June 2021 to feature in the gallery and to be entered into a prize draw to win a £20 shopping voucher.
If you are an unpaid carer that needs a break to carry on doing the things you love, Kingsway Care can help with respite care and much more. Contact our friendly team for a chat on 01273 044777 or email email@example.com